This week is Children's Mental Health Week and the theme this year is 'Express Yourself'.
We believe your emotional wellbeing is just as important as your physical health. Good mental health allows all of us to develop the resilience to cope with whatever life throws at us and helps us grow into well-rounded, healthy adults.
Today, we would like you to take some time out to focus on your Mental Wellbeing, focussing on theme of 'Expressing Yourself'. You can choose from the range of activities below and even learn how to journal your feelings and emotions.
Websites to support mindfulness:
https://annakaharris.com/mindfulness-for-children/ -This website offers guided meditation through the form of audio clips.
Struggling to get to sleep? Allow these relaxing Sleep Stories, Guided Meditations and purposely-designed Sleep Meditations to get your little ones off to a perfect nights rest (also a free app that can be downloaded): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWOHcGF1Tmc
These APPs are great to help support your wellbeing:
- Breathe, Think, Do with Sesame- free with apple
- Three Good Things- free with apple (Good for positive thinking)
- Power me- free with apple and android (Good for teaching coping mechanisms)
- Headspace- - there is a cost to this app (Good for mindfulness)
- Mindful Powers- there is a cost to this app (Best for KS2)