Good Morning Year 5,
Reading is so important in Year 5. Your teachers love to read, and listen to you read. Today, we would like you to continue with the reading challenge using the scarab story.
Answer the questions below:
- How does the author make it seem as though Emily has no hope of escape?
- Does the mask grin? Explain what you think the sentence is suggesting –what impression is the author trying to create?
- Explain the choice of the word, ‘striding’ .
- Explain what Mrs Hardy thinks about Emily.
- Why does the author use ellipsis?
- Describe Emily’s feelings as they change across the story and use quotes to support your ideas.