As a school, we are on a journey to become a UNICEF Rights Respecting School. We will be focusing on the articles set out by UNICEF and incorporating them into our school values.
Our class charters, help us make the right decisions to ensure our classroom and school is a happy and safe place to be.
At the start of the year, as a class we looked at three of the articles and spoke about why they are important and how to ensure that everyone in the classroom has these rights.
We have signed our charter by drawing a self-portrait.
Article 19: We all have the right to be protected from violence.
- We will all use kind hands and kind feet.
- We will think about others feelings.
- We will tell an adult if something is upsetting us.
- Adults will listen to us and help us.
Article 28: We all have the right to an education.
- We will work hard.
- We will listen.
- We will ask for help.
- Our teachers will try to make learning fun.
- Our teachers will help us.
Article 31: We all have the right to rest, relax, play and to take part in cultural and creative activities.
- We will share toys.
- We will play together.
- Our teachers will give us opportunities to play.