How to get your child ready for Nursery
- Try to be relaxed and positive when talking about starting Nursery this encourages children to be confident, curious and ready to explore and learn.
- Reassure your child if they are nervous or reluctant, so that they look forward to coming to Nursery.
- Answer any questions that they may ask truthfully.
- It is important to try to ensure that your child is toilet trained.
- Encourage your child to learn how to put on their coat and fasten it up.
- Ensure that you are on time to collect your child so that they do not become anxious or upset.
Useful information for parents/carers